Every customer is different and has different needs. As VP of Customer Operations at AmerisourceBergen, Devetta James knows this and works to implement systems that are personalized to those various needs. On this episode, she also talks about listening to the customer’s voice, implementing operational changes, and much more.
- It’s important to remember that every decision that gets made may not be the right decision for every customer and the job of the CXO is to decide what is best for the majority of their customers.
- The job of a CX leader is to fix a problem before the customer has told you how they want it fixed.
- In order to have a great customer experience, you need to make sure that everyone on your team has bought into your CX vision, and having open discussions with them about their client conversations is one way to get everyone on the same page.
- “It can never be black and white with the customer because every customer is different, But in theory, the process of what we need to understand is the same. So we make sure that we address those different themes with all the customers to understand their translation.”
- “If a customer says something on a survey, we do a query for all of our calls to see if it’s a theme, and if we see things in our calls, we then do a survey to the customer to get a better understanding of what that means to them.”
- “You not only need to understand the persona of your customer, you need to translate that into how you operate for those personas.”
Thank you to our friends
This episode is brought to you by IBM. If you are responsible for Customer Experience, they’ve created a White Paper just for you. In the CX North Star Report, you can learn more about how to active your CX vision. Download it here.