In his 10+ years at Comcast Cable, Tom Karinshak has helped craft great customer experiences in both the digital and in-person worlds. On this episode, he tell us his secrets to crafting a great CX, and how he thinks about innovation and the future of customer experience.
- Employee experience is a key to unlocking and improving customer experience. Your employees are the face of your company, and the key to customers having a great interaction.
- CX leaders need to embrace customer feedback – and have thick skin. In order to prived the best experience, you need to be willing to hear the worst feedback.
- It’s not enough to play it safe. Customer experience leaders need to be willing to lead out front, even when it’s risky, because consumer expectations are always increasing.
- “We operate in an incredibly dynamic and competitive marketplace. There are a lot of choices that are out there for our customers…and we recognize that and that’s why we work so hard.”
- “Guess what? If the employees have the best tools possible, they can focus on the customer experience when they need to and how they’re creating that when they’re providing customer service. Because of that, I don’t have them having to worry about, some of those other things that decrease work productivity.”
- “As a CX leader, you have to immerse yourself in those experiences. You have to get others to immerse yourselves in those experiences.”
Thank you to our friends
This episode is brought to you by IBM. If you are responsible for Customer Experience, they’ve created a White Paper just for you. In the CX North Star Report, you can learn more about how to activate your CX vision. Download it here.