This episode features an interview with Holly O’Neill, Chief Client Care Executive and Head of Consumer Client Services at Bank of America. Holly has spent her entire career of more than 25 years serving Bank of America customers, from wealth management to sales. She talks with us about capitalizing on client feedback, increasing communication during periods of change, and how to personalize the customer experience at scale.
- Personalization at scale can be done by providing options for how customers interact with your business.
- Anticipate times of change or stress by communicating more frequently with customers.
- Everyone in the company, from CEO to ground level, should be listening to the client to understand their priorities and goals.
- “We felt that that culture of listening to the client not only had to be at the leadership level, but it had to be at the ground level of the organization so that the people who are interacting with clients every day were also receiving the feedback on their interactions.”
- “On feedback, you want to be prepared to listen to the good, and really be prepared as a leadership team to listen to the not so good. Break down where something goes wrong, and figure out why it went wrong. Be really honest with it. Be comfortable as a team debating it at the table and calling a spade a spade. Be prepared to take the opportunities where you see them and commit to improving.”
- “Customer experience means first and foremost we’re making sure that no matter what the customer wants, we’re delivering it. It’s making sure we’re making it as easy for them as possible. So delivering an exceptional experience, really being there for them around delivering for their priorities. What’s their agenda? What are their life priorities? And how do we enable them to meet and exceed their goals?”
Find Holly on LinkedIn
Thank you to our friends
This episode is brought to you by IBM. If you are responsible for Customer Experience, they’ve created a White Paper just for you. In the CX North Star Report, you can learn more about how to activate your CX vision. Download it here.